Auditioning for "The Voice"... Again: Possible Reality Series Superstar!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Here we go again! This Saturday I am going to be getting in line at 6am in the hopes of being chosen among hundreds of thousands of talented individuals - meanwhile praying hopefully that my vocal chords will cooperate at such offensive hours of the morning. It's exciting, scary, long, fun and new, but most importantly it's performing... it's me.

Five months ago I woke up on a bright Saturday morning heading into New York City for my "Voice" audition and to my delightful surprise, see the sunrise in Times Square. If you've ever been to NYC it's doubtful that you've ever seen Times Square for it's full beauty because it's usually filled with tourists, businessmen, fashionistas and taxicabs. But this morning was not like that. It was crystal clear and I was able to admire it for all it's really worth. It's hard to describe unless you see it for yourself, fortunately for you I took a picture for your liking.

Why the picture is so small is beyond me, so I guess you'll still just have to wake up at 5am to see it for yourself one day, it's worth it.

So I made it to the line and I waited... and waited... and waited. Once I finally made it into the building is when things got interesting. But why would I spoil it for you now. I'm doing it again this Saturday (which means you already know how the last one ended) and I will be walking you through every step of the way on Twitter and Instagram (@samjam_music).

Last August I was more timid of being who I was as an artist. And though I gave what I thought was the audition of a lifetime - covering Led Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Loving you" - it wasn't enough to push me through to the next round. It's possible that I again don't make it passed the first round, but what's it going to hurt to try. Maybe a Hispanic is what they're looking for this season, it's all about what they're looking for and what kind of viewers they can attract.

Thus, to attempt to win them with my look (if at least that) and up the ante for my competitors I went on a mini outfitting session yesterday.

This is what I wore last year, sans my adorable grandma and cute aunt (dad's side of the family). I love those pants by the way, I don't care how loud you think they might be. Brandon has officially named them my "Fancy Pants".


Above is my mom's personal favorite from the outfitting session, though I may freeze given the less-than-admirable weather up north, so we nicked it. I'll make sure to update you all on what I decide the day of. My posts on Twitter and IG will begin quite early as I mentioned, so if you're sleeping in (which is what any normal person does on a Saturday) make sure to follow my feed to catch everything as it happens in order from beginning to end. At the very least it will be fun to read about the process of auditioning for one of these Network television shows and hopefully it can help you decide if it's something you want to try for the next season! For anyone joining me on my journey it is important for you to know that if you are not chosen and your talent is beyond words, don't let it bring you down. You are amazing and someone someday will realize this and you'll be all they ever want to choose. As long as you can make yourself happy with who you are don't let others rejections shape you.

As always, thanks and hope you enjoyed reading! I'll catch you guys Saturday Morning!

2 comments:

JAX said...

Follow your heart! It knows and the Universe will make it all just right. Big phat hug SamJam! Will be following your antics :D

Tuti said...

Gama said...

Yes, just follow your desires in life, they'll come in order as you asked. You sings like an angel...I know : I love you!!!

Post a Comment